Friday, March 13, 2009

Just like a bad habit of Mommy and Daddy, this baby is late! Two days late according to the doctor, but I think today should be the official due date. We have officially scheduled the induction for the 19th. I wanted two more days for this baby to decide to come on its own. Hopefully it will...soon. And now I don't have to worry about green beer.

We went to the doctor yesterday to make sure everything was okay. Of course, it was! The ultrasound measured the baby to be 39 weeks and 6 days which means today should be the due date. Really, the doctors should just listen to me!!! It also predicted that the baby weighs 8 pounds 12 ounces. Yikes! If this baby takes another week to come, it really could weigh 9 lbs. Ouch! Thank goodness the doctors do not believe that the baby is really that big. I am choosing to believe them about this one! They don't expect the baby to weigh more than 8lbs! I also had to be hooked up to the fetal monitor. Chris made me laugh so hard I had a contraction and the baby reacted perfectly. They let me off of it rather quickly. I go back on Monday, if the baby hasn't come by then.

I have added some pictures of the nursery. I love the nursery and think it turned out a lot better than I thought it would along the way. I don't think it is as homemade looking as it is!! Chris hung the chair rail. We painted the stripes. I made the curtains, bed skirt, photo board and zebra painting. Melanie did a painting. Chris' mom painted the toy box. A lot of love went into this room and I think that makes it very special. I will be hanging wooden letters of the baby's name above the crib once it gets here!

We are going to eat more Mexican food tonight! I went for a long walk around the Galleria a couple of times today. I have been drinking herbal tea, eating pineapple and doing just about everything else you can safely do to induce labor. Hopefully the next post will be announcing our new little one!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Dori, I don't think my first comment made it. I think the pictures of the nursery are great and you and your sister have some skills! I know you are excited for your little bundle of joy to come along so I will hope with you that he/she comes along naturally. I like your blog.
    On a side note, having that toy box is pretty special. We have a little piece in Sarah Avery's play room that was made for Matt's mom when she was a toddler, then Matt used it and now SA is using it. Fun stuff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dori, the nursery is beautiful!!! My advice is to sleep as much as you possibly can right now!!! Rest Rest!!! Look forward to seeing your little one!
    Jessica Pennington Dye

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for blogging! We will be praying for you! The nursery is super-cute! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome Baby Audrey ... I just got the news a little while ago. We can't wait to meet you!

    ReplyDelete